Medication Monitoring with Ingenuity Health: Simple. Objective. Accurate.
Urine drug monitoring using GenesisTM can play a critical role in the treatment process of patients with serious mental illness, helping practitioners identify potential antipsychotic nonadherence in their patients.
What is the Medication Monitoring Process Like?
The process is simple:
- All sample collection and shipping materials are supplied by Ingenuity Health
- Collection process is noninvasive and performed during routine visits
- Ingenuity Health provides on-site training for office staff with continual support
What Medications are Tested For?
Medication Monitoring with Ingenuity Health detects the presence of the following antipsychotics, as well as additional substances that you may want to be aware of:
|Antipsychotics||Additional Substances||Optional Tests|
What information do the reports give me?
Ingenuity Health’s GenesisSM Summary Report and GenesisSM Results Report provide you with critical information to help you assess whether your patients are taking their antipsychotic medications. In addition, highly qualified experts in toxicology are available to assist with report interpretation.
- Genesis INSIGHT Report: Assesses critical factors related to medication monitoring in an easy-to-read summary format, including:
- Medication Monitoring Results: Evaluate if your patient is taking – or not taking – the antipsychotic or other medication you prescribed.
- Medications Or Metabolites Detected But Not Listed On The Requisition Form: Discover any medications that you may not have prescribed to help prevent possible dangerous drug-drug interactions, overdose, or medication misuse.
- Drugs of Abuse: Identify illicit drugs to address possible substance abuse in the treatment process.
- Genesis Results Report: Provides the most in-depth information available on your patients’ medication use in a detailed easy-to-read format. Information found in the Genesis Results Report includes, but is not limited to:
- Lab Results: Reports the qualitative and quantitative results found in your patients’ urine sample.
- Results Explanation: Ingenuity Health also includes possible explanations for findings when the results are not consistent with the prescription regimen (as indicated on the requisition form). This is designed to help you better understand your Genesis test results.
- Specimen Validity Testing: To identify samples that may have been diluted, adulterated, or substituted, which could impact the results.
What Support Is Provided?
Ingenuity Health offers comprehensive support to help you integrate medication monitoring into your treatment regimen, including: